GibbyWooten

Personal Updates by Gibby and/or his family.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Blessings and Thank You

This has been such an emotional month and I am only now able to get back on the website and write to you. There is so much to say and I will never be able to find the words that describe what you mean to us. Our hearts are full.

Thank you if you were able to be with us at one of Gibby's memorials; we know the sacrifices you made. Thank you, too, for the unbelievable outpouring of support through your visits , food, beautiful flowers, hundreds of cards, e-mails, and memorials in Gibby's honor. We are absolutely overwhelmed by the love you have shared and know that God will bless you abundantly for that love you gave to us. Our greatest riches on this earth are our family and friends -- we are blessed beyond measure.

For all of your unending and faithful prayers, we again say thank you. We couldn't have gotten through this journey without your faith, too. We have felt your depth of loss, too, through the amazing words you have written to us about Gibby - what a treasure that is for us! Your love has changed the four of us - Angela, Cherish, Jeff and me - and made us want to be the amazing friends to others that you have been to us.

As we approach this season, our family knows that it is Gibby's message that we all will remember the reason for Christmas. Cherish your loved ones, give to those in need, share a smile, show kindness to those who cross your paths and find joy in each day -- but most of all, honor the one whose birth we celebrate.

It is hard to imagine our first Christmas without him, and it is an understatement to say that our hearts long to have him here with us. But I want to share with you a poem that a dear friend, Nancy Honts, who lost her husband Bryan, one of Gibby's golfing friends, gave to me. I hope it will comfort you, too, to know that Gibby is in a better place. We will keep the website open for awhile, and we have a page in his honor at Legacy.com

My First Christmas in Heaven
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights like heaven's stars reflecting on the snow
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
But the sound of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you the joy the joy their voices bring
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away -- we really aren't apart
So be happy for me, all of you. You know I hold you dear
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I send you each a special gift from heaven up above
I send you each a memory of my undying love
After all, love is a gift that is more precious than pure gold
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told
Please love each other always, as The Father said to do.
For I cannot count the blessings or the love he has for you
Please have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

Merry Christmas to all of you and God bless you, every one! May each of you have a wonderful new year!
We love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counters